Burn-P3 6.2.4.01 for 64-bit Windows operating systems was released July 19, 2019.
Important Installation Instructions
- Install Prometheus 6.2.4 and all associated software prerequistes on a 64-bit Windows computer that meets or exceeds minimum system requirements and perform a system restart.
- Log on to your computer as a system administrator.
- Uninstall any previous version of the Burn-P3 application from your computer.
- Close all open applications and run BurnP3_6.2.4.01_2019-07-19_English [MSI - 5.36 MB]. A Setup Wizard will guide you through the installation.
Sample Data Set
Click the following link to download test files used in the Burn-P3 tutorial. These test files also serve as good examples when creating your own Burn-P3 data set.
- test_files_englishV4_7 [ZIP - 38.2 MB]
Your computer must meet or exceed the following system requirements in order to install and use Burn-P3.
|Operating System*||64-bit Windows 7 orWindows Server 2008||64-bit Windows 10 orWindows Server 2008 R2|
|Prometheus Software||Version 6.2.4||Version 6.2.4|
|Microsoft Software||.NET Framework 4.6andVisual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64)||.NET Framework 4.7andVisual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64)|
|Oracle Software||Java 8.0 for Windows (x64)(Update 151)||Java 8.0 for Windows (x64)(Update 191)|
|Intel® Software||2019 C++ Redistributable Library for Windows (x64)(Initial Release: 19.0.117)||2019 C++ Redistributable Library for Windows (x64)(Update 1: 19.1.144)|
|Processors||4 cores||4 hyper-threading cores|
|RAM||6 GB||12 GB|
|Hard Drive||10 GB||500 GB|
*32-bit operating systems are not supported.
Changes in Burn-P3 6.2.4
- Revised Process Control to provide more options to the user.
- Revised grid communication with Prometheus to use smaller and faster TIF files.
- Improved error handling for grass curing communication to Prometheus.
- Added routines to support changes to data recovery from Prometheus. Several routines were changed to allow fire front information to be collected from any display time in the simulation.
- Made changes to support API changes to green up in Prometheus.
- Added Julian date management to season structures to support changes to green up.
- Added ISI threshold to burn conditions.
- Added decimal place control for raw output tables. Currently hard-coded, could be added to user interface if required.
- Refinements to projection file handling and projection information propagation.
- Show TIF file extensions on file loading dialog boxes where appropriate.
- Fixed bug associated with executing simulations beyond the end of a calendar year.
- Fixed bug on fuel lookup table file load title.
- Fixed bug which prevented changes to the season median dates in the dictionary.